Jeannie MacDonald, MD
For more than a decade, Dr. Jeannie MacDonald has been serving patients in the Fraser Valley and Vancouver region. As a Royal College certified plastic surgeon, and the only female fellowship-trained craniofacial surgeon in the Fraser Valley, Dr. MacDonald truly understands how beauty is created from the inside out.
With specialized experience in facial implant remodeling and reconstruction, Dr. MacDonald’s extensive medical expertise and artistic touch allow her to develop individualized treatment plans for each patient to help them achieve their aesthetic goals. Dr. MacDonald’s special interest in facial surgery means that her modest approach enables her to reveal the most natural-looking results for every patient.
Education and Surgical Training
Following her graduation from medical school at Dalhousie, Dr. MacDonald began plastic surgical training at the University of Western Ontario, then completed her training in plastic and reconstructive surgeon at University of British Columbia. Following that, Dr. MacDonald completed a fellowship in facial reconstructive surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr. MacDonald also earned a master’s degree in Surgical Education at the University of Southern Illinois.
Dr. MacDonald not only takes care of patients in her office, but she is also a clinical instructor at UBC and performs surgery at the Royal Columbian, Eagle Ridge, and Surrey Memorial Hospitals, and the Ambulatory Surgical Centre in Vancouver. In addition, she sits on Royal Columbian Hospital committee and is pursuing leadership training.
- 2006 Craniofacial Fellowship, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- 2006 General Trauma Fellowship, St Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
- 2005 Plastic Surgery Residency, University of British Columbia, BC
- 2001 Masters of Arts in Surgical Education, University of Illinois,
- 2001 General Surgery Residency, Dalhousie University, NS
- 1998 Doctor of Medicine, Dalhousie University, NS
- 1994 Bachelor of Education, Dalhousie University, NS
- 1993 Bachelor of Science – Honors, Dalhousie University, NS
- 1992 Bachelor of Fine Arts, Dalhousie University, NS
- Full-time staff Fraser Health Authority : RCH; ERH; PSA; SMH
- Clinical Instructor UBC Plastic Surgery Division
Simple, Direct, and Honest: Dr. MacDonald’s Philosophy
Above all, Dr. MacDonald strives to embody the values of honesty, thoughtfulness, and openness with each person who walks through MacDonald Plastic Surgery’s doors. Dr. MacDonald fosters an approachable and relaxed atmosphere.
Each appointment with Dr. MacDonald is relaxed and not rushed. For Dr. MacDonald, patient education is imperative, so she ensures each patient has time to ask all their questions, answering them simply and honestly. Before scheduling any procedures, Dr. MacDonald ensures each patient is fully informed about their procedures and comfortable with their choices.
During consultations, Dr. MacDonald approaches each patient with honesty about how they can achieve their goals. With a modest, direct approach to cosmetic procedures, Dr. MacDonald is eager to help you discover your most naturally beautiful self.
A True Artist
Dr. MacDonald loves working with her hands. She even considered becoming a mechanic before her love of science and her interest in art and design drew her to university instead. During medical school, Dr. MacDonald discovered plastic surgery as the way to ultimately combine all her passions to help improve and enrich her patients’ lives. By teaming her artistic traits and attention to detail, Dr. MacDonald truly understands how the body crafts beauty from the inside out.
- MacDonald J, Lennox P. Unusual etiology of simultaneous deep space hand infection and necrotizing fasciitis of the foot: A case report and review of the literature. Plast Reconstr Surg, 116(1):10e-13e, 2005.
- MacDonald J, Zhong T, Lazares A, Gan B, Harth >M. Vasculitis associated with the use of leflunomide. J Rheum, 31(10):2076-8, 2004.
- MacDonald J, Matic D, Latham RA. (Abstract) The role of palato-alveolar molding in the current management of cleft lip and palate: A multi-institution review. Can J Plast Surg, 11(2):114, 2003.
- MacDonald J, Williams RG, Rogers LJ, Ketchum, J. A lay person vs a trained endoscopist: Can the Preop endoscopy simulator detect a difference? Surg Endo, 17(6):896-8, 2003.
- MacDonald J, Williams RG, Rogers DA. Self-assessment in simulation-based surgical skills training. Am J Surg, 185:319-322, 2003.
- Rogers DA, Regehr G, MacDonald J. A role for error training in surgical technical skill instruction and evaluation. Am J Surg, 183:242-245, 2002.
- MacDonald, J. Evaluation of learning resources by year 1 and 2 medical students in a problem-based and self-directed learning environment, Thesis publication. IL, 2001.
More About Dr. MacDonald
When Dr. MacDonald is not busy sharing her vast medical expertise with her patients, students, or the medical community at large, she is busy with her four children. She also stays active through yoga and running. Dr. MacDonald has also volunteered her time with worthwhile charities such as Operation Smile.
We invite you to continue reading more about Dr. MacDonald’s training, philosophy, and more. You can schedule your consultation with Dr. MacDonald by completing our online form or by calling us at (604) 288-8517. We are located in New Westminster and eagerly look forward to serving plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery patients in the Lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver area.
True Beauty Starts Today
Look as good on the outside as you feel on the inside
Ready to Get Started?
Combining her unique surgical expertise with her artistic understanding of balance and proportion, Dr. Jeannie MacDonald brings out the most naturally beautiful you. Meet Dr. MacDonald today to learn more.