If you’re considering a tummy tuck to achieve your goals, you may have questions about how liposuction can help you get the best results from your procedure. By combining abdominal contouring procedures, you can effectively and efficiently address your concerns and get better results simultaneously.
At MacDonald Plastic Surgery, Dr. Jeannie MacDonald can help you determine which body contouring treatments, such as tummy tuck or liposuction, will best suit your unique needs.
Different Reasons for Different Procedures
Tummy tucks and liposuction are both body contouring procedures that can trim the waistline; however, they each address different issues.
Also known as abdominoplasty, tummy tucks are surgical procedures that address loose or excess skin and slack or separated abdominal muscles, which are resistant to diet or exercise. While tummy tucks create a flatter, more toned abdomen, they don’t address the issue of stubborn fat pockets in the area.
Liposuction is a body contouring procedure that permanently reduces subcutaneous fat in areas that do not respond well to diet and exercise. The procedure decreases fat in specific locations on the body, including love handles, hips, thighs, and belly. However, it cannot address issues such as excess skin and lax muscles.
If you’re contemplating a tummy tuck as an option to reach your body contouring goals, you may also consider adding liposuction to the procedure. When combined, a tummy tuck with liposuction is called a lipoabdominoplasty, and it may offer better results for flattening your stomach trimming your waistline.
Benefits of Combining Procedures
There are many benefits to combining your tummy tuck and liposuction procedures.
- By adding liposuction to your tummy tuck, you will only have to undergo one surgery and one single recovery, eliminating the risks of multiple procedures.
- Having both procedures at the same time means addressing both the issue of stubborn fat and lax abdominal muscles simultaneously and achieving your aesthetic goals quicker.
- While liposuction and tummy tuck procedures can slim your waistline separately, a combined lipoabdominoplasty procedure can help to optimize your results. With a lipoabdominoplasty, you can achieve a slimmer, more toned abdomen than either procedure can produce separately.
- It makes financial sense to combine liposuction with your tummy tuck procedure. You will save the expense of having separate procedures by including liposuction with your tummy tuck.
Are You a Candidate for a Vancouver Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?
Candidates for tummy tucks or liposuction procedures are men and women in good health with realistic expectations. Dr. MacDonald suggests that the best candidates for body contouring surgeries should:
- Be living a healthy lifestyle
- Be non-smokers
- Be bothered by the appearance of their abdomen
- Have a positive outlook
Choosing Dr. Jeannie MacDonald as Your Body Contouring Provider
With unmatched experience and an artistic eye, Dr. Jeannie MacDonald understands beauty from the inside out. Dr. MacDonald’s unique skills allow her to develop distinct treatment plans to reveal radiant, natural-looking results, making her one of Vancouver’s best tummy tuck providers.Contact us today to learn more about lipoabdominoplasty in Vancouver!